Intestinal Rehabilitation, Episode 1: What is intestinal rehabilitation?
December 14, 2021
- Case 1: 50-day-old male with jaundice and clay-colored stools
- Stool Card
- Differential diagnosis
- Initial imaging: Ultrasound
- Absence of gallbladder on ultrasound, now what?
- NASPHGAN Guidelines
- Biopsy Results
- Role of ERCP
- After positive biopsy, exploration and cholangiogram
- Performing the Kasai procedure
- Open Kasai (Davenport)
- Open Kasai (Tiao)
- Laparoscopic Exploration and Kasai (Yama)
- US: Tips & Tricks for the operation
- London: Tips & Tricks for the operation
- Japan: Tips & Tricks for the operation
We’re starting a new series about intestinal rehabilitation and all of its intricacies. We’re joined by Drs. Michael Helmrath and Paul Wales, leaders of the Intestinal Rehabilitation Program at Cincinnati Children’s.
Hosted by: Todd Ponsky, Rod Gerardo, Ellen Encisco