- What would you do?
- Five stages of surgical planning process
- In what cases can Todd use VR surgical planning software?
- The most important step: Segmentation
- Advantages and disadvantages of using VR simulation for surgical preparation
- Dr. Bramlet's advice for anyone interested in adopting VR surgical planning
In this episode, hosts Em, Todd and Ramy are talking to Matt Bramlet, MD about his experience on 3D Printing & VR Surgical Planning and implementation of these technologies to their daily practice.
Listen all episodes of Transforming Healthcare here: https://rss.com/podcasts/transforming-healthcare/
About Dr. Matt Bramlet...
Dr. Matthew Bramlet is the lead investigator for Advanced Imaging and Modeling at Jump Simulation. He specializes in children with congenital heart disease. In his role as the Director of Congenital Cardiac MRI at OSF HealthCare Children’s Hospital of Illinois, Dr. Bramlet combined the program’s resources with those at Jump to pioneer anatomically accurate 3D congenital heart models.
This expertise has led to Dr. Bramlet becoming a curator with the NIH 3D Print Exchange’s Heart Library, a nationwide collaborative effort to improve the education and understanding of congenital cardiac anatomy. He is also an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Pediatric Cardiology department at the University of Illinois College of Medicine Peoria.